Certificate in Software Engineering, Analysis and Design
A High Tech, High Paying and in High Demand Credential
Computing technology touches every segment of society, driving change and innovation in industries such as banking, manufacturing, medicine, aerospace, defense, and more. As organizations integrate new technologies to compete in the global environment, they require more computer software engineers to implement those new technologies. As a software engineer, you can develop software products and services for industry and government through software analysis, design and architecture, system verification, and data storage and retrieval — all while managing globally distributed development.
Who is this program recommended for?This graduate certificate is best suited for students holding an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or those willing to take a number of ancillary courses.
- Key software engineering principles, methods and frameworks, including process models, agile and lean principles, project and risk management, estimation, modeling, system and software architecture, design patterns, and quality systems.
- Hands-on experience in managing database systems as an essential organizational resource.
- Development of large software systems and the integration of multiple systems into a domain dependent solution.
- Modern techniques and methods employed in the development of large software systems, including a study of each of the major activities during the lifetime of a software system, from conception to obsolescence and replacement.
- Software management technique, various software costing techniques including COCOMO and ROI, team organization and management, and various methods of software development including Cleanroom and Agile.
Why study Software Engineering, Analysis and Design through CPE?The program’s narrow focus allows you to dig deep into this specific topic, and start applying your knowledge sooner. It’s possible to some of the courses online, so you can more easily fit the program into your busy life. And whether you take courses online or on campus, you’ll learn from NJIT’s distinguished professors and instructors.
What kind of Financial Assistance is Available?
Financial Assistance options for part-time, (6 credits or more) graduate certificate students include federally funded (U.S. Department of Education) student loans at low interest rates, US Veterans Administration educational benefits and US income tax credits plus eligibility for college work-study.
Online Graduate Certificate study at NJIT has its advantages. New Jersey residents studying online and/or on-campus will be charged, as always, the in-state tuition rate. However if you reside “outside” of New Jersey, you qualify for our new online tuition rate. This new rate is significantly lower than the out-of-state fee to attend classes on campus. In order to receive the new graduate online tuition all classes must be studied online during a given semester. Because of the new online tuition, adults living anywhere in the country, as well as abroad, can afford to earn a graduate certificate or a degree from NJIT. And international students do not need to acquire a Visa, since entirely online learning permits study from the home country.
PrerequisitesNJIT’s standard admission requirements apply to this graduate certificate, but individual courses within the program have additional prerequisites. Check the course descriptions for full details.
Related Degree ProgramsAll credits for Construction Management relates in its entirety to either NJIT MS in Business and Information Systems or NJIT MS in Information Systems or NJIT MS in Software Engineering.
Take NoteCheck the course descriptions for more information. Some courses have prerequisites and must be taken in order. More information about this graduate certificate may be found here.
Register for courses via the Registrar's Office