Certificate in Network Security and Information Assurance
Who is this program recommended for?
This graduate certificate is best suited for students holding an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or those willing to take a number of ancillary courses.
This certificate program covers:
- An overview of computational methods used to provide secure Internet communication
- The fundamentals of current network management technology and techniques and emerging network management standards
- An overview of widely used security applications, schemes, and practices on the Internet and enterprise networks
- A working knowledge of information assurance and particular network and computer security concepts, applications, and standards
- Audit, control and security issues, requirements, and processes in organizational information systems
- Relevant issues in computer security auditing
Why study information system implementation through CPE?
The program’s narrow focus allows you to dig deep into this specific topic, and start applying your knowledge sooner. It’s possible to some of the courses online, so you can more easily fit the program into your busy life. And whether you take courses online or on campus, you’ll learn from NJIT’s distinguished professors and instructors of the College of Computing Sciences.
NJIT’s standard admission requirements apply to this graduate certificate, but individual courses within the program have additional prerequisites. Check the course descriptions for full details.
Related Degree Programs
All credits from the Network Security & Information Assurance Graduate Certificate can be applied toward these programs:
- M.S. Computer Engineering
- M.S. Computer Science
- M.S. Electrical Engineering
- M.S. Information Systems
Please check the Registrar's website for full course listings.