Certificate in Management of Technology
A High Tech, High Paying and in High Demand Credential
With the use of technology on a constant rise, NJIT recognizes the demand for highly trained individuals to manage the influence of technology in organizations and the global market place. This credential relates in its entirety to either NJIT MBA or NJIT MS in Management
Who is this program recommended for?The Management of Technology Graduate Certificate provides students with the skills and tools needed to manage organizational change, both planned and unplanned, associated with existing and emerging technologies. Two core courses, Management of Technology and Managing Technological and Organizational Change, provide students with the background for integrating fundamental business knowledge with applications of technology. The focus is on the generation, development and implementation of technology as well as the influences of technology on global competitiveness. Students select two electives that are consistent with their learning and career goals.
- Technology as a main component of an organizational entity. Generation, development, and implementation of technology are outlined. Influence of technology on global competitiveness is also discussed.
- Managing Technological and Organizational Change which Focuses on planned and unplanned systemic change, such as downsizing, re-engineering, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Knowledge Management where students will have a comprehensive framework for designing and implementing a successful knowledge management effort and be able to assist in the development of knowledge.
- Information Systems Principles which discusses the role of information processing, estimates of personnel resources and budgets, integration of corporate and MIS plans, organizational alternatives for MIS departments and support staffs, management of computer operations, equipment and general software acquisitions, intermediate and long-range MIS plans, integration of personal computers, minicomputers, and mainframes, and security and controls.
- Decision Support Systems which covers the use of decision support systems to support management decision making in a real world environment.
- E-Commerce Technologies which develops a basic understanding of the Internet and its underlying technologies as a foundation for e-commerce with an introduction to e-commerce applications.
- Management Strategies for E-Commerce which prepares students for effective management of internet-based businesses and electronic commerce and oversight of global business activities in an increasingly competitive environment.
- Managing the Digital Firm which includes managing a virtual workforce, managing digital technologies, and protecting and leveraging digital assets.
Why study for a Management of Technology graduate certificate through CPE?The graduate certificate's narrow focus allows you to dig deep into this specific topic, and start applying your knowledge sooner. It is possible to earn this graduate certificate entirely through online courses, so you can more easily fit it into your busy life. And whether you take courses online or on campus you'll learn from NJIT's distinguished professors and instructors from the School of Management.
What kind of Financial Assistance is Available?
Financial Assistance options for part-time, (6 credits or more) graduate certificate students include federally funded (U.S. Department of Education) student loans at low interest rates, US Veterans Administration educational benefits and US income tax credits plus eligibility for college work-study.
Online Graduate Certificate study at NJIT has its advantages. New Jersey residents studying online and/or on-campus will be charged, as always, the in-state tuition rate. However if you reside “outside” of New Jersey, you qualify for our new online tuition rate. This new rate is significantly lower than the out-of-state fee to attend classes on campus. In order to receive the new graduate online tuition all classes must be studied online during a given semester. Because of the new online tuition, adults living anywhere in the country, as well as abroad, can afford to earn a graduate certificate or a degree from NJIT. And international students do not need to acquire a Visa, since entirely online learning permits study from the home country.
PrerequisitesCompletion of a Bachelor's degree with a overall cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Related Degree ProgramsAll credits for the Management of Technology Certificate relates in its entirety to either NJIT MBA or NJIT MS in Management. The MS in Management can be completed entirely online in limited formats, and the Management of Technology graduate certificate program is a great way to jump start into the program. Please see the online cross-reference chart for details.
Take NoteCheck the course descriptions for more information. Some courses have prerequisites and must be taken in order. More information about the graduate certificate may be found here.
Register for our courses via the Registrar's Office.