Certificate in Global Technology Management
A High Tech, High Paying and in High Demand Credential
With the use of technology on a constant rise, NJIT recognizes the demand for highly trained individuals to manage the influence of technology in organizations and the global market place. This credential relates in its entirety to either NJIT MS in Business and Information Systems, NJIT MS in Management, or NJIT MS in Information Systems.
Who is this program recommended for?This 12 credit graduate certificate is intended for managers, project leads, and engineers seeking to enhance their soft skills as it relates to managerial roles.
- Usability analysis; visual information; ethics; global diversity, global communication; report writing; information literacy; communicating with new technologies; and technical writing.
- Roles of both competitive environment and the organization's experience in developing corporate strategy to gain competitive advantage.
- The impact of IT solutions, by learning to deconstruct, analyze and configure IT systems in alignment with enterprise-wide business strategies.
- Develop an intellectual framework that will allow leaders of organizations to critically assess existing infrastructures and emerging technologies as well as how these enabling technologies might affect organizational strategy.
- In-depth study of the security and privacy issues associated with the massive amount of data that is collected, stored, shared and distributed in today's society.
Why study for Global Technology Management graduate certificate with NJIT?NJIT is one of the most computing intensive campuses in the nation, ranked by the Princeton Review as one of America's "Best Colleges" and has also been designated a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education by the United States National Security Agency.Forbes.com and a Princeton Review survey name NJIT as one of the US' most technologically sophisticated universities. NJIT was named among the top 500 world universities in a study by the Institute of Higher Education, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. As well, NJIT was the first recipient of the coveted "Excellence in Technology" Award made by the industry-led New Jersey Technology Council.
What kind of Financial Assistance is Available?
Financial Assistance options for part-time, (6 credits or more) graduate certificate students include federally funded (U.S. Department of Education) student loans at low interest rates, US Veterans Administration educational benefits and US income tax credits plus eligibility for college work-study.
Online Graduate Certificate study at NJIT has its advantages. New Jersey residents studying online and/or on-campus will be charged, as always, the in-state tuition rate. However if you reside “outside” of New Jersey, you qualify for our new online tuition rate. This new rate is significantly lower than the out-of-state fee to attend classes on campus. In order to receive the new graduate online tuition all classes must be studied online during a given semester. Because of the new online tuition, adults living anywhere in the country, as well as abroad, can afford to earn a graduate certificate or a degree from NJIT. And international students do not need to acquire a Visa, since entirely online learning permits study from the home country.
PrerequisitesCompletion of a Bachelor’s degree with a overall cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Related Degree ProgramsAll credits from the Global Technology Graduate Certificate can be applied to the NJIT M.S. in Management, M.S. in Information Systems, or M.S. in Business and Information Systems.
Take NoteCheck the course descriptions for more information. Some courses have prerequisites and must be taken in order. More information about the graduate certificate may be found here.
Register for courses via our Registrar's Office